ADAMS COUNTY, Colo. -- Help may be on the way for some Adams County residents who've spent the past four months living next to a giant debris pile.
County officials say they've sent a notice to the property owner demanding that the lot be cleaned up. The debris is the result of a natural gas explosion that leveled a home at 7724 Sherman Street on September 8th.
The property now belongs to Freddie Mac. The home was foreclosed on several weeks before the blast.
"The ultimate responsibility for the cleanup is the property owner's and in this case the property owner failed to act and clean the property," said Besharah Najjar, Adams County Public Works Director.
Najjar said the county sent a blight notice to Freddie Mac in late December after receiving a complaint from a local resident and inspecting the property.
"That was the first complaint we got was on December 29," said Najjar Monday.