Thornton High Schoolers remember student who died of diabetes | Community Spirit
On Saturday June 2nd at Bandimere Speedway there will be a high school drag race.
They will be raising funds for the Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes at The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus in the name of Aaron Perry.
On February 2nd, 2012, 16-year-old Aaron passed away due to complications from diabetes.
The funds will go to research and treatment of childhood diabetes and adding Aaron's name to the granite stone memorial at the Barbara Davis Center for children who have lost their lives to diabetes.
Aaron's car which has been signed by all of his friends will be raced by a classmate on that day. Aaron passed away one month before he was to get his driver's license.
There is a fundraiser car wash for the same cause on Saturday, May 19th at Advanced Auto Parts...4007 E. 120th Ave. in Thornton from 10am-2pm
Upcoming Events near Northglenn Thornton
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Coroner: Man suspected of killing his 1-year-old daughter has died
- Mother of 1-year-old girl describes moments leading up to her murder
- Family: Father takes photo of daughter then kills her, shoots self
- School bus driver accused of DUI will face 36 counts of child abuse
- Rights of residents vs. rights of sex offender an issue in one neighborhood