Ride the Rockies rerouted through Loveland | Events
Due to the High Park Fire and associated air quality concerns, the final leg of the Ride the Rockies bicycle event between Estes Park and Fort Collins will be rerouted Friday through Loveland. About 2,400 riders will travel through the west side of Loveland from about 7 a.m.-noon on their way to their final destination, the Odell brewery in downtown Fort Collins.
Riders will use the bike lanes on Loveland roadways, and police personnel will assist with traffic control at major intersections. The revised route shortens the riders’ total route by about 8 miles.
The new route is:
- Hwy 34 (Eisenhower) into Loveland to Wilson Avenue
- North on Wilson to 50th Street
- East on 50th Street to Taft Avenue
- North on Taft to Laurel Street in Fort Collins
- East on Laurel to Loomis Street
- North on Loomis to Mountain Avenue
- East on Mountain Avenue onto Lincoln to the Odell Brewing Company.
Upcoming Events near Northglenn Thornton
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Coroner: Man suspected of killing his 1-year-old daughter has died
- Mother of 1-year-old girl describes moments leading up to her murder
- Family: Father takes photo of daughter then kills her, shoots self
- School bus driver accused of DUI will face 36 counts of child abuse
- Rights of residents vs. rights of sex offender an issue in one neighborhood