Mother’s Day Data on Single Moms from National Match.com Study | Families
Over one third (38.7%) of the 107 million singles living in the United States are parents, and for this group, finding romance is still top of mind as evident in the fact that over 45% of Match.com members have children. Ahead of Mother’s Day, Match.com took a closer look at the profile of today’s single mom to better understand their wants, needs and the unique factors they face while dating.
Pulled from Match.com’s massive Singles In America Study* (which surveyed an outside, representative sample of over 5,000 U.S. singles), the data positively revealed that 78% of single moms were happy with their lives, slightly more than single women without children – indicating that the combined stresses of singledom and parenthood aren’t keeping them down. Additional findings showed:
- One Fifth Would Not Remarry Under Any Circumstances, while 42.4% would consider getting remarry if their child(ren) had built a strong, positive relationship with their partner.
- Little Cupid: Nearly one third (33.5%) of single moms would let their child set them up on a date.
- A Majority (43.4%) of Single Moms Identify as Democrats, while only 24.2% identified as Republican, less than the 29.9% who responded as Independents.
- Online is the Top Spot Moms Are Finding Love: One fifth of single moms met their most recent date through an online dating site, more than any other place.
- Mom’s Top Date Deal Breaks: when considering a committed relationship a disheveled, unclean appearance (78.6%), laziness (77.8%) and neediness (72.9%) ranked as single moms top deal breakers.
Please let me know if you’d like to speak with Dr. Helen Fisher, Match.com Chief Scientific Advisor and creator of the Singles in America survey, or Whitney Casey, Match.com’s relationship expert.
 US 2011 Census data
Upcoming Events near Northglenn Thornton
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Coroner: Man suspected of killing his 1-year-old daughter has died
- Mother of 1-year-old girl describes moments leading up to her murder
- Family: Father takes photo of daughter then kills her, shoots self
- School bus driver accused of DUI will face 36 counts of child abuse
- Rights of residents vs. rights of sex offender an issue in one neighborhood