Colorado unemployment rate rises | News
DENVER – Colorado’s unemployment rate increased two-tenths of a percent to 8.1-percent over the month of May, according to the Colorado Department of Labor and Employment.
The increase is a result of a rise in the number of people actively participating in the labor force without a corresponding increase in number of people reporting an employed status.
The national unemployment rate also increased over the same time period, climbing one-tenth of a percent to 8.2-percent in the month of May.
Over the year, the unemployment rate is down three-tenths of a percent from 8.4-percent in May 2011.
Upcoming Events near Northglenn Thornton
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Coroner: Man suspected of killing his 1-year-old daughter has died
- Mother of 1-year-old girl describes moments leading up to her murder
- Family: Father takes photo of daughter then kills her, shoots self
- School bus driver accused of DUI will face 36 counts of child abuse
- Rights of residents vs. rights of sex offender an issue in one neighborhood