Billboard trucks bearing graphic abortion images to roll through Arvada | News
ARVADA, Colo. — A national group that calls abortion “an act of violence that kills a baby” will be driving trucks through Arvada this week with billboards that display a graphic, bloody image they say proves their point.
The Center for Bio-Ethical Reform said this campaign is being waged in swing states like Colorado this year. Two of the center’s billboard trucks ran near Ralston Road and Olde Wadsworth Boulevard Tuesday from 4-5 p.m.
The center’s plan, Logistics Coordinator Dr. Kevin Olivier said, is to use an extreme image of a dead infant aborted after the first trimester of a pregnancy in an effort to illustrate why the center believes its anti-abortion stance is not extreme.
“The media often characterizes anti-abortion candidates as ‘extreme’ and pro-abortion candidates as ‘moderate,’” Olivier said. “CBR’s billboard trucks show that abortion is an act of violence that kills a baby. Therefore, it is not opposition to abortion but rather support for abortion that constitutes the extreme position.”
The center ran these same trucks through Colorado Springs a week ago.
Upcoming Events near Northglenn Thornton
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Coroner: Man suspected of killing his 1-year-old daughter has died
- Mother of 1-year-old girl describes moments leading up to her murder
- Family: Father takes photo of daughter then kills her, shoots self
- School bus driver accused of DUI will face 36 counts of child abuse
- Rights of residents vs. rights of sex offender an issue in one neighborhood