Colorado foreclosures hit 3-and-a-half-year low | News
DENVER-- Home foreclosures in Colorado's metropolitan counties fell to a surprising level in October according to a report released Wednesday.
It's the lowest level since early in 2008.
Auction sales were down 28 percent in October as compared to October 2010 according to Colorado Division of Housing spokesman Ryan McMaken.
Foreclosed home sales went from 1,300 in Oct. 2010 to 940 in Oct. 2011. New foreclosure filings also fell from 3,000 to 2,350
McMaken says the downward trend in Colorado foreclosures is expected to continue.
The Associated Press contributed to this report
Upcoming Events near Northglenn Thornton
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Coroner: Man suspected of killing his 1-year-old daughter has died
- Mother of 1-year-old girl describes moments leading up to her murder
- Family: Father takes photo of daughter then kills her, shoots self
- School bus driver accused of DUI will face 36 counts of child abuse
- Rights of residents vs. rights of sex offender an issue in one neighborhood