DENVER — In today’s Good Day Guide to keeping your family Safe & Secure, we’re showing you how to make your home less attractive to thieves.
Home Security Checklist
- Trim all trees up from the ground by 5-6 feet.
- Trim bushes and shrubs down below all windows.
- Install motion detection lighting front and back.
- Use a “Charlie Bar” to secure rear sliding glass door.
- Secure gates leading to your back yard.
- Ensure garage doors are closed and locked.
- Lock door between garage and house.
- Remove any home or vehicle keys from garage.
- Close blinds and/or shades.
- Replace short door strike plate screws with longer ones.
Home Security Suggestions