Senator Udall praises Interior Department Report on Colorado's Job-Creating Natural Resources | Politics
Mark Udall issued the following statement after an Interior Department report showed that resources the agency manages contributed $14.4 billion to Colorado's economy in 2011 and supported 74,203 jobs in fields ranging from energy and mineral development to tourism and outdoor recreation:
"This report underlines what many Coloradans already know: Colorado is home to the very best natural resources and economic drivers in the country," Udall said. "From our clean-burning natural gas to our national parks and monuments, our resources are some of the state's most powerful job creators and revenue creators for local communities and businesses."
Udall serves on the U.S. Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee and heads its Subcommittee on National Parks.
Please contact Mike Saccone at 202-224-4334.
Upcoming Events near Northglenn Thornton
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Coroner: Man suspected of killing his 1-year-old daughter has died
- Mother of 1-year-old girl describes moments leading up to her murder
- Family: Father takes photo of daughter then kills her, shoots self
- School bus driver accused of DUI will face 36 counts of child abuse
- Rights of residents vs. rights of sex offender an issue in one neighborhood