Weekend closure of 104th Avenue rescheduled for next weekend | Transportation
Beginning at 7 p.m. on Friday, April 20, 104th Avenue will be closed at the Union Pacific Railroad tracks east of U.S. Highway 85 as part of the current intersection project. During the closure, crews will be removing temporary asphalt in westbound 104th Avenue and replacing it with permanent paving to tie the project into the existing roadway at the railroad tracks and complete paving operations.
During this closure, traffic will be detoured north on Havana Street to west 112th Avenue back to U.S. 85. Detour signage will be placed to direct motorists throughout the weekend. The roadway is expected to be open by the morning rush hour on Monday, April 23.
The $3.4 million U.S. 85/104th Avenue intersection project is part of the voter-approved widening of 104th Avenue to four lanes in each direction between E-470 and Brighton Road. Improvements to the intersection are expected to be completed this spring.
Upcoming Events near Northglenn Thornton
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Coroner: Man suspected of killing his 1-year-old daughter has died
- Mother of 1-year-old girl describes moments leading up to her murder
- Family: Father takes photo of daughter then kills her, shoots self
- School bus driver accused of DUI will face 36 counts of child abuse
- Rights of residents vs. rights of sex offender an issue in one neighborhood