Public Invited to Open Houses About High Speed Rail Study | Transportation
The Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT) Division of Transit & Rail recently kicked off an Interregional Connectivity Study (ICS), which will examine technology, alignment, and financial/funding options for implementing high speed rail along the Front Range.
The study has a broad reach, extending from Fort Collins to Pueblo including the Denver and Colorado Springs metropolitan areas, and builds off of past feasibility and technical studies related to high speed rail options across Colorado. The project team is coordinating with a another CDOT study team to determine the feasibility of an Advanced Guideway System (AGS) from Denver to Eagle through the I-70 mountain corridor.
Members of the public and the media are invited to attend the initial series of public open houses to learn more about this pioneering project and provide input to guide the team’s work. Each of the scheduled open houses will present the same project information.
All open houses are scheduled from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. with a 30 minute informational presentation provided at 4:30 p.m. and at 6 p.m. Reasonable accommodations will be provided upon request for people with disabilities and for those who require Spanish translation. Please call Tracey MacDonald at 303-757-9753.
The open house schedule is as follows:
- Colorado Springs Area
- July 16, 2012 from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Pikes Peak Area Council of Governments – 15 South Seventh Street, Colorado Springs
- Pueblo Area
- July 17, 2012 from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Pueblo Convention Center – 310 Central Main St., Pueblo
- Fort Collins Area
- July 18, 2012 from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Windsor Recreation Center - 250 North 11th Street, Windsor
- Denver Metropolitan Area
- July 19, 2012 from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- CDOT Region 1 Offices – Trail Ridge Room – 425 C Corporate Circle, Golden
In the coming weeks, CDOT will establish a website with more detailed information about the study at www.coloradodot.info/projects/ICS. The website is not yet live, but please check back for more information. For information about the AGS study, please visit www.coloradodot.info/projects/AGSstudy.
To receive real-time updates about road conditions in your area, visit www.coloradodot.info and click on the green cell phone icon in the upper right hand corner of the page. Updates are also available via Twitter @coloradodot and be sure to “Like” our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/coloradodot.
Acomodaciones razonables serán proveídas cuando lo requieren para personas con deshabilidades y para quienes que necesiten traducción al español. Por favor, llame al (720) 286-0484 (Caitlin McCusker).
Upcoming Events near Northglenn Thornton
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Coroner: Man suspected of killing his 1-year-old daughter has died
- Mother of 1-year-old girl describes moments leading up to her murder
- Family: Father takes photo of daughter then kills her, shoots self
- School bus driver accused of DUI will face 36 counts of child abuse
- Rights of residents vs. rights of sex offender an issue in one neighborhood